Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Ilocos Road Trip: A Gastronomic Adventure



Traveling up north became a food trip  for me. Although I am from the north, I am really not the type to put twist on recipes. I also do not offer my kind of food to people around me because I know that they find it weird that I am eating such. But all these changed when my sisters-in-law decided to have a road trip up north.

kare-kareng bagnet
sinigang na bagnet

pinakbet
 When we say food, we think of  certain province's delicacy. Say Bicol express, Bacolod inasal, Ilocos bagnet and so on. Since we were in Ilocos, we had to try the famous bagnet and pinakbet. We had our first lunch at Tummytalk in Vigan and we had pinakbet, kare-kareng bagnet and sinigang na bagnet.  The food was great. I have been craving for authentic Ilocano food for so long and there it was, putting an end to my cravings.


pinakbet na sili
Dinner time was also a surprise because I did not expect a restaurant to serve something I never dared share to my peers before. They thought it was weird back then. Cafe Leona, also situated in Vigan served pinakbet na sili. This time I urged my sisters-in-law to try it because it is really not hot. They did. I believe they enjoyed it.
pinakbet pizza
crunchy dinuguan
We also tried the famous pinakbet pizza of Herencia Cafe. They also have fish sinigang (you get to choose from different fish variety) and crunchy dinuguan.

My favorite was the pinakbet pizza and I believe I had three slices... This is aside from having rice, dinuguan and sinigang.I have to admit that I was never that full my whole life. :)

I enjoyed our trip because of the sites--old churches and all and of course, THE FOOD!



No comments:

Post a Comment