Thursday, June 3, 2010

Table For Six, Please...



The rain was pouring hard but there was no sign of backing out from any of us. No one is calling asking to postpone the dinner, and I guess no one will. After all we are not sure when this kind of gathering will happen again. I am going to meet friends whom I haven't seen for almost a decade, except for Maricel. The last time I saw her was more than five years ago. It was my daughter's birthday.

Maricel is now a flight attendant. She is married to Francis Sioson, her long time boyfriend. They have one daughter.

Maricel and I decided to meet at my work and we were fetched there by Dwight who is still very single. Dwight is currently a Manager at a Medical Insurance company in Makati. He looked very stunning in his work outfit, I must say. We drove to Greenbelt and met Tine there.

Tine was with her lovely daughter who was very polite. Tine is now enjoying being a stay-home-mom. She also has a 6-month old baby boy. They are all waiting for their petition.

We decided to have dinner at a Filipino restaurant called Sentro. We waited for Lloyd who I think, never aged. He still looked the same, well, except for the hair. LOL! Lloyd is now in the BPO industry.

We ate, talked and laughed. The mood was very festive just like the food. It was really fun looking back...who dated who, who had a crush on whom, who ended up with whom, how we looked like wearing our uniform which we never really liked and of course we talked about our teachers and sorry, but I am not going into the details about the teachers...hahaha

Lloyd had to leave after the dinner because duty calls. Booooooooo! We concluded the night at Via Mare oyster bar. We had a few drinks and continued gossipping until we decided to go home because it was already dawn. I had a blast and I really enjoyed the evening. I hope Grace will be with us next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment