Thursday, April 15, 2010

8-Course Degustation


Degustation is the action or instance of tasting especially in a series of small portions. I was invited by no other than my husband to do just that.


My hubby is a student at CCA (Center for Culinary Arts) and he is now at level 8. Two more levels to go! I am so proud of him . I know how he worked so hard to get this far and I am sure that he is excited to become a Chef already. I am very confident that he will finish his course because he is a very hardworking man and is very much dedicated to what he does.


I have been invited to some of their activities at school, some I was not able to attend to. The latest was their Degustation which was held last night at CCA. They prepared an 8-course meal for their guests. They occupied a classroom and 3 laboratories (kitchen) for the said event. There was a seating arrangement and I was really surprised because what I thought was just a card where the guests names were written for seating arrangement purposes, was actually a card with a personal message written inside. I'd say it was romantic.


It was an 8-course degustation. The menu includes Amuse Bouche, Bulalo Consomme, Kilawin Tanigue, Sisig Ravioli, Kalamansi-Basil Sorbet, Pan-seared Besugo with Laing, Steak Kare-Kare, Maja Blanca Cheesecake and Sago.


The food was sumptuous, I should say. I loved the liver sauce for the lechon, the menu was called Amuse Bouche. Their Bulalo Consomme was the best. Consomme is a clear soup made from stock. Ingredients like the beef, corn, and vegetables were wrapped and fried. It was very interesting how they made the bulalo ingredients into a dumpling.


Other favorites were Sisig Ravioli and Pan-seared Besugo with Laing. The Sisig Ravioli was served with two sauces--pesto sauce made of olive oil, pine nuts, basil and garlic and a white sauce made of pork brain. The Pan-seared Besugo with Laing was sinful. The plating was so inviting, you can't help but dig in.

I hope I get invited again soon and I wish that it will be their own restaurant next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment